Skype credit not workable in Teams

MIKE CHEN 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T19:56:15.4166667+00:00

Hi Manager,

Based on your article (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5791691/how-do-i-used-my-skype-credit-on-teams-just-gettin)I've tried many time to use my Skype credit in Teams, and Skype Dial Pad site (calling.web.skype.com). I'm calling a hotel # in China (+861058285588), which is reachable indeed. Still showing the same error "The connection is too weak, please try again later."

Could you support me on this? I think you can see my email ******@msn.com. Thanks in advance.

User's image

User's image

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams Free | Calls
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ruwim.B 6,900 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-18T20:26:34.83+00:00

    I'm getting exactly the same error message when calling this number in China.

    There are two possible reasons for this issue:

    • There might indeed be a technical issue when routing this call.
    • The recipient does not accept anonymous calls. Microsoft has recently disabled any Caller ID on Skype, so all Skype Dial Pad calls are now Anonymous (Private).

    Sorry, but I don't think that there is anything you can do on your side in order to rectify this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. EmilyS_726 29,990 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-19T00:56:30.44+00:00

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/skype/why-am-i-having-trouble-calling-a-mobile-or-landline-in-skype

    All calls to China fail. Skype actually doesn't guarantee calls to all country/regions.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.