Seeing "Upgrade your plan" in Office on one off license

13mand 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T18:07:00.2366667+00:00

After an update of my Office Home 2024 product, I'm seeing a persistent "Upgrade your plan" button at the top (close to the minimize, close button) which I cannot seem to get away.

Is there a way to get rid of this as I'm a paying customer and I prefer not be guilted into moving into a more expensive subscription based model which I don't need.

That you put something in File > Account, go ahead but not somewhere which I constantly have to look at.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. EmilyS726 269K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T18:40:19.5066667+00:00

    Hello

    Do you mean this?

    User's image

    I have it too. Unfortunately, you cannot remove this unless you are using the highest tier of subscription Microsoft 365 Premium, otherwise it is there, as a pathway for users who want to switch to higher tier.

    Microsoft doesn't provide any settings option to disable this.

    I would suggest that you use Help > Feedback to submit a feedback about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.