How can Microsoft do a better job at password recovery?

Sukkon Dez 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T16:15:18.19+00:00

I have an account that i lost the password to. Not only do yall not have a support number, but miraculously even when i fill out my info correctly and go through the proper steps of verifying I still can’t have my account back. I’m curious how such a large corporation can be so difficult for something so simple.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,420 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T16:54:26.61+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    The Microsoft account recovery form is one of the last and most effective options for recovering your account when other verification methods are unavailable. To help prove that you are the owner of the account, I recommend that you resubmit the form and provide as accurate and detailed information as possible. The more accurate information you provide, the higher the chances of your request being successfully verified.

     

    However, if the issue persists, you can reach out to Microsoft Accounts and Billing support by following these steps:

     

    Go to this link: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact

     

    Type your problem in the search bar and press Enter.

     

    Scroll down to the bottom and select the blue "Contact Support" button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.