Managing personal Outlook.com account settings, security, and privacy
@Jason McPherson said
We were unable to make @outlook.com your primary alias. Please try again later.
Many people, myself included, have been having problem with many of the Microsoft Account Security pages. e.g.
- https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5997130/verifying-alias
- https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5996647/email-alias-is-not-working
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/account-creation-has-been-blocked
I can't offer any advice except, try a Private/Incognito browser session. A different browser. Make sure JavaScript is enabled. And then just wait a few hours and try again. Sorry. Wish I could give you a better answer.
How do I verify a new alias I created?
Open a Private/Incognito browser session to https://account.live.com/names/manage If it's not listed, it didn't get created.
If in doubt, ask the Account Sign-In Helper what is the status of the alias.
- In a Private/Incognito browser session, open: https://aka.ms/sign-in-helper
- Scroll down to "Choose how you normally sign in, then enter your details"
- Click "With an email address"
- Enter your alias email address and click [OK]