MFA Reset Required - Sole Global Administrator Locked Out

David Shears 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T13:58:02.2166667+00:00

I am the sole Global Administrator of my Microsoft 365 / Power Platform tenant.

I know the username and password.

I have permanently lost access to my MFA device.

There are no other administrators in the tenant.

I cannot access the Microsoft 365 Admin Centre to create a support ticket.

I have access to the registered email address and billing information.

I require assistance with tenant ownership verification and MFA reset.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Michelle Nguyen 1,755 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-18T14:08:59.54+00:00

    Hi @Echesting Programm

    I'm just another user here on this public forum, not your organization's admin, so I'm not able to reset or unlock anything on your account myself.

    Because you are the only administrator and you've been locked out of the account, you'll need to contact Microsoft's Data Protection team for assistance. They are the only team authorized to help recover access in situations involving the sole administrator account. 

    You can find Microsoft's support numbers here: Contact Microsoft customer support | Microsoft Support 

    In case you are unable to contact the frontline support: 

    Consider signing up for a trial subscription to create a new tenant. Visit Microsoft 365 Business Plans and Pricing | Microsoft 365. 

    Once the new tenant is set up, you can access its admin center and submit a support ticket through Microsoft 365 admin center > Support > Help & Support to contact the Data Protection team regarding the previous tenant. Please remember to cancel the trial subscription after your issue is resolved, as this will help you avoid any accidental billing. You may prefer the following resource for detailed instructions: Cancel your Microsoft business subscription in the Microsoft 365 admin center | Microsoft Learn 

    I hope this helps point you in the right direction. If you have any updates or additional questions, feel free to reply back and I'll do my best to assist further. 

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.