Should I cancel MSN premium? I have a Microsoft 365 Family subscription too

Richard Logan 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T09:01:28.7266667+00:00

I have a subscription to Microsoft 365 Family as well as a subscription to MSN premium. Do I need to renew MSN Premium, what do I lose?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Haytham-C 5,630 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-18T20:13:27.7633333+00:00

    Hello Richard Logan

    Thank you for your question, as far as I'm concerned, MSN subscription and 365 Family is 2 separate subscriptions for 2 different benefits, and you can have both subscriptions active. In case you decide to let the MSN subscription expires, here's what will be dismissed:

    • Ad-Free Browsing – Removes most ads from MSN websites (e.g., MSN News, Weather, Sports, Finance).
    • Customizable News & Content – Access to premium news sources and personalized content.
    • Enhanced Microsoft Start App Experience – Ad-free and exclusive features in the Microsoft Start app (formerly MSN News app).
    • Microsoft 365 Integration – Some versions may include limited access to Microsoft 365 apps (like Word, Excel) or cloud storage, but this varies by region.
    • Exclusive Content – Some premium articles, expert analysis, or behind-the-paywall news from partner publishers.
    • Security & Productivity Tools – May include additional features like identity theft monitoring (depending on the subscription tier).

    And if you decide to cancel the 365 Family subscription, here's what will be removed:

    • Access to Office app (Word, Excel,..)
    • No longer be able to share subscription to family member
    • Addition cloud storage will also be lost

    That's the summary of some of the features that from both plans, I hope that information would be useful but at the end of the day the decision is still yours to make.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".    

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.   

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.