Outlook is not loading incoming emails. Also I keep getting a drop down box telling me to sign in but it wont allow me to.

Carolyn Riley 0 Reputation points
2026-09-18T07:16:05.06+00:00

I have a Microsoft 365 subscription. My Outlook email account has not been sending or receiving emails for almost a week. This email issues applies across my HPcomputer, two mobile android phones and an android tablet. I also keep getting a pop-up window requesting me to sign into my server. It is not accepting the password and there is no option to create a new one. I have had several long calls with Telstra technicians. They have been unable to rectify my problem and are blaming Microsoft. I am 81 years old and finding this very stressful. At least I eventually was able to speak to several humans representing Telstra and could follow their verbal instructions. Navigating the Microsoft webpages is VERY DIFFICULT! I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO A HUMAN.

Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for Android | For home
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hornblower409 15,815 Reputation points
    2026-09-19T07:20:08.9+00:00

    @Carolyn Riley said

    I WOULD LIKE TO TALK TO A HUMAN

    If you have a Qualified MS 365 Subscription you can use this path:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/support

    If not, then you can use the Outlook for Android In-App Chat Support
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/get-in-app-help-for-outlook-for-ios-and-android-218a22d1-9fa5-4889-b689-de1c63493243#category=contact_support

    keep getting a pop-up window requesting me to sign into my server. It is not accepting the password and there is no option to create a new one. I have had several long calls with Telstra technicians. They have been unable to rectify my problem

    Unfortunately there is an on-going problem accessing a Telstra/BigPond email account from Outlook. I can't say who's fault it is (Microsoft or Telstra), but based on the other reports I'm seeing, it is not something that you can fix by changing settings or such for your Outlook client, or that either the Microsoft or Telstra front line support people can fix. I wish I had a better answer for you.

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5997084/error-message-0x800cccc0e-in-outlook-email

    https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/5995537/outlook-classic-emails-stop-receiving

    One possible solution is to setup your Telstra email to automatically forward all new mail to another email provider that perhaps is a bit more reliable.
    See: https://www.telstra.com.au/support/email/send-receive#forwardEmails

    You could use any existing email account you have (e.g. GMail, Yahoo) or create a new free outlook.com email account ( https://signup.live.com/ ) and then add that account to your Outlook and remove the Telstra account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. AI answer

    2026-09-18T07:16:24.0866667+00:00

    Because the problem happens on the computer, both Android phones, and the tablet, this is likely an account or mailbox issue rather than an app issue.

    Try these checks in Outlook.com first:

    1. Sign in to Outlook.com directly and check whether the mailbox or Microsoft cloud storage is full. If storage is full, mail cannot be sent or received, and messages sent to the account while storage was full are bounced back and are unrecoverable.
    2. In Outlook.com, check the Other tab, Junk Email folder, and any custom folders.
    3. Check Filter > Sort > Date so messages are shown in normal order.
    4. Check whether email forwarding is enabled.
    5. Check whether any rules are moving or hiding messages.
    6. If the password was changed recently, update it. The account can also be temporarily blocked because of unusual sign-in activity.
    7. Use the Microsoft account sign-in helper if sign-in is failing: Open troubleshooter

    For the repeated sign-in prompts in Outlook mobile:

    • Download the latest Outlook mobile app version, because recurring password prompts can happen after security standards are updated.
    • If the account is a Microsoft personal account, use the sign-in helper tool: Start
    • If the account is a non-Microsoft account provided by another company, contact that email provider for sign-in issues.

    If email still does not arrive after those checks, use Outlook.com support to reach a live support path:

    1. Go to Outlook.com and sign in.
    2. Select the Help icon.
    3. Search for cannot receive emails.
    4. Scroll to Still need help? and select Yes.
    5. Choose Chat with a support agent in your web browser.

    When connected, provide:

    • the approximate date the issue started
    • examples of senders whose mail is missing
    • whether those senders received any non-delivery message

    Reinstalling Outlook usually does not fix a mailbox-side delivery problem.


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.