Why do Windows Outlook gone crazy and demands Windows Hallo everyware on all my e-mail addresses

JR Lindstrom 40 Reputation points
2026-09-18T02:06:57.9133333+00:00

I have Outlook Classic for Windows 11 and I have set it up years ago and it have worked fine. But now Outlook gone crazy and demands me to get Windows Hello!?!

I have passwords (updated regulary) on all my e-mail addresses, easy and simple, so now I have to make up and use a PIN-code (so easy to crack, not like my safer passwords) everytime I open Outlook. Why do Windows developers make it more and more differcult to use their programs. Computer should help us, not drench us in crazy extra work!?!

Is there any way to remove all this crazyness, and let us users decide ourself how we want to use our computers??

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Darren Bruce 1,745 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-09-18T02:45:45.06+00:00

Dear JR Lindstrom,

I understand your frustration. If Classic Outlook for Windows has been working normally for years and suddenly starts requiring a Windows Hello PIN, it can certainly feel like an unnecessary change.

Recent updates to Windows 11 and Microsoft Account sign-in methods may cause Outlook to use Windows Hello (PIN, fingerprint, or facial recognition) instead of prompting for the account password directly.

Please note that a Windows Hello PIN is device-specific and cannot be used to sign in on other devices, whereas a password could potentially be used anywhere if it is compromised.

If you prefer using passwords, you can check the following setting:

  • Open Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options
  • Under Additional settings, look for:
  • Only allow Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts on this device
  • If enabled, turn it Off.
  • Restart Outlook and test again.

For more detailed information

Configure Windows Hello

Sign-In Options in Windows

Additionally, if this is a work or school account, or if the device is managed by your organization's IT department, Windows Hello may be required by security policy. In that case, the prompt is not coming from Outlook itself, and users may not be able to disable it without changes made by the administrator. I recommend contacting your IT administrator to confirm whether a Windows Hello sign-in policy has been applied

I hope information above meet your expectations. If I misunderstand your point, please provide more information so I can support you more effectively.

Feel free to reach out if you have any other questions.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 
Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.