Urgent: Sole Global Administrator Locked Out Due to MFA – Microsoft 365 Tenant

Thịnh Phạm (APH.CNTT) 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T20:39:13.07+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I am the only Global Administrator for our Microsoft 365 Business tenant.

My phone was damaged, and I no longer have access to the Microsoft Authenticator / MFA method associated with my Global Administrator account. As a result, I am currently unable to sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center.

I need urgent assistance to recover access to my Global Administrator account and reset/reconfigure the MFA method.

Tenant information:

  • Global Administrator account:@revueltoconstruction.onmicrosoft.com
  • Company name: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]
  • Domain: revueltoconstruction.onmicrosoft.com
  • Tenant domain: revueltoconstruction.onmicrosoft.com
  • Subscription: Microsoft 365 Business Trial

There is no other Global Administrator in our tenant who can reset my MFA.

This is also urgent because the Microsoft 365 trial is ending today and recurring billing is enabled. I need to access the Admin Center to disable recurring billing and prevent the payment method on the account from being charged.

Please escalate this case to the appropriate Data Protection / account recovery team if necessary.

I am ready to provide any information required to verify ownership of the tenant and the subscription.

Thank you for your assistance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Ryan-N 16,005 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T20:47:49.67+00:00

    Hi Thịnh,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, you are currently the Global Administrator of the tenant.

    First, I hope you understand that moderators and users on the forum are unable to directly escalate this issue to the Data Protection Team on your behalf.

    To contact the Data Protection Team, you will need to call the Microsoft support hotline for your region.

    Please look up the appropriate support hotline for your region and call Microsoft’s frontline support. After that, ask them to create a support ticket for you. You can find the appropriate phone number through the following link:

    Customer service phone numbers – Microsoft Support

    Tips for navigating the IVR system (automated phone support)

    To help you navigate the IVR system more effectively, please refer to the guidance below:

    1. When calling the support number, you may hear an introduction for about 30 seconds, for example: “You can visit the link…” You can skip this and wait until the system presents the available options.
    2. Then:
      • Press “1” as a business email user.
        • Press “1” again to select technical support.

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be fully automated. Below is a sample dialogue you can prepare in advance:

    • What kind of problem are you experiencing?

    Answer: Authenticator

    • What products do you use?

    Answer: Office 365 for business

    • Is this for an education or company account?

    Answer: For companies

    • Are you an administrator?

    Answer: Yes

    • Are there any other administrators in your organization?

    Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant.

    • Do you need a service request?

    Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team.

    During the call, you may be asked to provide subscription-related information such as:

    • Company name
    • Billing information
    • Phone number
    • Alternate email address

    This information helps the Data Protection Team verify your identity and securely assist with restoring access.

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.