AADSTS90019 after new Microsoft 365 Business Basic signup — tenant not provisioned

Richard McCarthy 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T20:28:38.46+00:00

I purchased Microsoft 365 Business Basic (no Teams) for a new UK company. The order completed successfully and I received a Microsoft confirmation email telling me to sign in as [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@rhoalphanu.onmicrosoft.com.

However, every sign-in attempt at admin.microsoft.com fails with:

AADSTS90019: No tenant-identifying information found in either the request or implied by any provided credentials.

Tenant domain: rhoalphanu.onmicrosoft.com Intended admin: [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]@rhoalphanu.onmicrosoft.com

I cannot access the Microsoft 365 admin centre, so I cannot open a normal business support ticket.

Please advise how Microsoft can verify ownership and either complete/repair tenant provisioning and restore the Global Admin account, or confirm that the tenant was not created correctly so the subscription can be safely recreated.

I can provide the latest Request ID, Correlation ID, timestamp and order details privately if required.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ryan-N 16,005 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T20:58:53.2+00:00

    Hi Richard,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.Based on your description, you recently subscribed to Microsoft 365 Business Basic. However, when you try to sign in, the following error message appears:

    AADSTS90019: No tenant-identifying information found in either the request or implied by any provided credentials.

    In this situation, you will need to contact the Microsoft Data Protection Team for assistance in checking your account information in the system and reactivating your account.

    Please find the appropriate Microsoft support phone number for your country or region and contact Microsoft frontline support. Then, ask the support representative to create a support ticket and escalate your case to the Data Protection Team.

    You can refer to the following page:

    Customer service phone numbers – Microsoft Support

    Tips for using the IVR system (automated telephone support system)

    To make it easier to navigate the IVR system, you can refer to the guidance below.

    When you call the support number, you may hear an introductory message for approximately 30 seconds, such as instructions to visit a link. You can skip this part and wait until the system provides you with the available options.

    Then:

    1. Press “1” to confirm that you are a business email user.
    2. Press “1” again to select technical support.

    In some regions, the initial interaction may be handled entirely by the automated system. You can prepare the following answers in advance:

    What kind of problem are you experiencing?

    Answer: Authenticator

    What products do you use?

    Answer: Office 365 for business

    Is this for an education or company account?

    Answer: For companies

    Are you an administrator?

    Answer: Yes

    Are there any other administrators in your organization?

    Answer: No. I am the only admin in my tenant.

    Do you need a service request?

    Answer: Yes. I need to create a ticket. Please send me directly to the Data Protection Team.

    During the support process, you may be asked to provide some information related to your subscription, such as:

    • Company name
    • Billing information
    • Phone number
    • Alternative email address

    This information may be used as part of the identity verification process and to assist with restoring access to your account.

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.