Communication Services: Email Quota Increase Request — Limit Exceeded During Peak Hours

Victor-4156 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T20:28:05.9666667+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing issues with sending emails through Azure Communication Services Email, as my messages are being blocked due to exceeding the per-subscription per-hour limit (PerSubscriptionPerHourLimitExceeded). This problem occurred during a sales peak, which caused a high volume of transactional and order emails.

Environment

Service: Azure Communication Services; Resource: ACS-cpro; Region: United States (global data location)

What I've already tried

I have reviewed the self-service guidance for Azure Communication Services Email, which states default limits and the process to request a higher quota. I have also submitted a quota increase request, but I have not documented any further tests or validations beyond the initial request.

Current status

Currently, I am waiting for the analysis of my quota increase request to support higher email volumes, specifically aiming for 50,000 emails per hour and 250,000 per day, to accommodate peak platform activities. I seek guidance on the next steps and confirmation on the new quota limits.

Azure Communication Services

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. Abhinaba Das 115 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T23:11:29.45+00:00

    Hi @Victor-4156

    For an App** Service quota **increase, please use the Azure portal quota experience:

    1. Sign in to the Azure** **portal and search for Quotas.
    2. Select App** Service (Public ****Preview)**.
    3. Select/filter the affected subscription** and **region.
    4. Locate the required App** Service Plan **SKU and review its current usage and limit.
    5. Select the quota and submit a request for the required new** total **limit.

    Please note that the requested value should represent the total** quota required after the **increase, not only the additional number of instances needed.

    If the automated quota request cannot be fulfilled, the quota experience provides an option to open a support** **request for further review.

    References:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.