CONTACT SUPPORT fails

Dale M. Parish 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T20:16:13.96+00:00

I have had a subscription to Microsoft 365 for several years. It was working fine on this new Windows11 machine until I installed Visio 2019 from my subscription off the Microsoft website, then Visio appeared to be disabled-- almost no functionality, and when I tried to get help, I'm returned "This command isn't available. / Your organization's administrator turned off the service required to use this feature. / Contact support from Visio." Since I cannot use Visio to contact support, I tried to use help from within Word or Excel, and now get this exact same message from my other office apps. This is my personal copy. I should be the administrator. I can't find anything trolling the Microsoft help forums that tell me what to do when you can't contact support. All roads seem to lead to "contact support," or contact your administrator, of which I have none.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Visio | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Kai-L 19,415 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T21:05:12.53+00:00

    Dear Dale,

    I'm sorry to hear about your issue. Being told to contact support from inside an app that will not let you do it is a frustrating loop to be stuck in. Unfortunately, as a forum moderator, I am not able to inspect your subscription or account settings to diagnose and fix this directly. My role here is limited to general guidance you can apply from your side.

    On reaching support, you do not need to go through the Office apps at all.

    1.Go to https://support.microsoft.com/contactus in a browser

    2.Choose Microsoft 365 > Get Home support     

    3.Enter Office or your issue in general in the box below "We're here to help" then click "Get Help"

    4.Scroll down and click on Contact Support then log in to your personal Microsoft account. If the account cannot be logged in, you can use another account or create a new account to execute     

    5.Select "Microsoft 365 and Office" in Products & Services, select "Technical Support" as a category, and click Confirm     

    6.Select "Chat in a web browser and support specialist" to enter the chat window    

    On the underlying problem, the wording of that message is misleading for a personal subscription. It usually appears when the connected experiences that power Help and other online features have been switched off, or when Office is signed in under a different account from the one holding the license. Two things worth checking:

    • In Word, go to File > Account and confirm which account is listed under User Information, and that the product shown under Product Information matches your subscription.
    • In the same place, under Account Privacy > Manage Settings and confirm that Optional connected experiences are turned on.

    I hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".  

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.