How to Fix 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 error when updating from Windows 11 23h2 to 25h2

Davis 25 Reputation points
2026-09-17T15:11:58.1533333+00:00

I tried installing windows updates a while ago with no luck so I used a restore point that I had made and stopped trying, I have recently tried again for the past couple days and every time I am receiving the 0xC1900101 - 0x40017 error code.

I have an Intel i7 11700k, Msi Z590 gaming edge wifi, 32gb hyperx ram, 4tb crucial nvme ssd as my main drive, a Gigabyte 3080 10gb, also I have installed FRST64 and Regbak (which I have used to make Reg backup).

I have attached the FRST64 Logs to this post in the hopes someone can help me: https://gofile.io/d/lGqerUYp

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-09-17T15:30:30.9266667+00:00

Please uninstall the following software:

Acronis True Image for Crucial (HKLM-x32\...\{4D4DA0E0-00C7-4AC5-9665-D3DBAF0767BE}) (Version: 23.0.21500 - Acronis)
CPUID CPU-Z 1.91 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z_is1) (Version: 1.91 - CPUID, Inc.)
CPUID CPU-Z Aorus 1.97 (HKLM\...\CPUID CPU-Z Aorus_is1) (Version: 1.97 - CPUID, Inc.)
CPUID HWMonitor Pro 1.47 (HKLM\...\CPUID HWMonitorPro_is1) (Version: 1.47 - CPUID, Inc.)
HWiNFO64 Version 6.28 (HKLM\...\HWiNFO64_is1) (Version: 6.28 - Martin Malik - REALiX)
Mem Reduct (HKLM\...\memreduct) (Version: 3.5.2 - Henry++)
Malwarebytes version 5.5.4.252 (HKLM\...\{35065F43-4BB2-439A-BFF7-0F1014F2E0CD}_is1) (Version: 5.5.4.252 - Malwarebytes)

(Note: You can install them later -- i.e., after the upgrade.)

Restart Windows and post fresh FRST logs.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

2 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-09-17T15:16:58.41+00:00

    Hi,

    Will check the logs. Meanwhile, see if you can enable Memory Integrity. To do so, go to Windows Security → Device security → Core isolation details → Memory integrity. If the page lists any incompatible drivers, please post a screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    2 deleted comments

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.