Forced to use Two-Factor authentication and not working, now I cannot use my accounts.

Luigi A 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T11:13:46.0633333+00:00

**Case 1.
**
Github requested Two-Factor authentication.
The code generated from the Microsoft app for double authentication, for Github, was not considered valid.
After a few attempts, they asked me to reset the password.

I reset the password.
To verify my new password, I am asked again to use the Two-Factor authentication.

Instructions :Open the two-factor authentication app on your device to view your authentication code and verify your identity.

The first attempt said: Sorry we are not able to use Two-Factor authentication at his time.
The second attempt said: Invalid two-factor code

Case 2.
A municipality service in Sweden required Two-Factor authentication by Microsoft (not others).
The credentials were binded to the device, not to my account.
When I did not have that specific phone in use anymore, my account resulted permanently locked-in and cannot be ever used.
Asked to the municipality for a solution.
Results: an operator can only manually intervene upon a request that has to be applied periodically, for life, to abilitate my account for a temporary period of time.
No other intervention are possible **BECAUSE OF THE CONTRACTUAL TERM BETWEEN OF THE VENDOR OF THE MICROSOFT SERVICES AND THE MUNICIPALITY
**(public services being hostage of a private corp who have a monopoly)

Case 3.
I had to register my account againt to file this complain.
I noticed that I need to accept the promotions of Microsfot, masked as privacy Statement, when in fact I am obliged to accept information, tips and offers from this ***** corporate. Note:

**I would like information, tips, and offers about Microsoft Learn and other Microsoft products and services. ****Privacy Statement.
**

SOLVE THE * PROBLEM?

This company *ks.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.