Custom domain stuck in inaccessible Entra tenant – request domain release

Krzysztof Skorupski 0 Reputation points
2026-09-17T08:54:02.2833333+00:00

I need assistance releasing the custom domain dynavip.pl from an inaccessible Microsoft Entra tenant.

The domain is currently associated with tenant:

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

I need to verify and use it in my current tenant:

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

I am the owner of dynavip.pl and have full control of its authoritative DNS.

The Microsoft verification TXT record is already published and publicly resolvable through both Cloudflare DNS and Google DNS:

[Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]

Standard verification in my current tenant fails because the domain is already associated with the inaccessible tenant.

I also attempted an external admin takeover using Microsoft Graph with forceTakeover=true, but the request failed with:

Invalid cross-cloud verification code.

The old tenant is not available in my directory list and I have no administrative access to it.

I attempted to create a technical support request through the Azure/Entra portal, but my subscription requires purchasing a paid Azure technical support plan.

Could a Microsoft moderator please help engage the Data Protection Team / Domain Ownership team so the domain can be released from the inaccessible tenant?

I can provide contact details and any additional ownership information through private message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Jayden-P 3,045 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-17T09:12:41.7266667+00:00

    Please note that this forum is not Microsoft support, this is a user-to-user support forum. Therefore, I cannot directly escalate this for you.

    Hi @Krzysztof Skorupski

    If the tenant is a managed tenant, you will need to open a Microsoft 365 support ticket so Microsoft can review the domain ownership situation and determine whether a domain release process is available.

    You mentioned you tried to open a support ticket via Azure Portal, have you tried to open ticket via Admin Center ? If not, please try it.

    User's image

    You can also contact support by phone, please visit the following page and reach out to phone number via: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support

    From what I know, you will need to get past the initial AI system to reach the live support team. You can refer to the guide below for tips on how to get through more easily:User's image

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.