Closing a fraudulent MicroSoft account

Wes Friesen 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T21:40:23.81+00:00

A fraudster has created a fraudulent account using one of my email addresses -- ******@comcast.net. Please close this account and block any new accounts being set-up to this email address. I have a different legitimate account under a different email address,

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Brian Tillman 27,130 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-16T22:19:13.0566667+00:00

    Hi. I'm Brian and I'll try to help

    These are user-to-user forums. We're users just like you trying to help each other. No one here has access to Microsoft servers and cannot delete accounts. Additionally, Microsoft won't simply take your word that the account is fraudulent and delete it. You say your "legitimate" account uses a different address. Does that mean the Comcast address isn't one of your legitimate addresses?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.