Verification code not working for child account

Roland Sweet 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T21:19:10.0833333+00:00

I am struggling to enter my childs verification code I receive via email, it just keeps saying invalid code.

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Account management, security, and privacy
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Roland Sweet 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-18T07:52:33.28+00:00

    Hi Chloe,

    Still no working. I get the code from the correct email address, but the codes just don't work. My other child's has worked fine. But I have tried to the point where I get blocked for requesting to many codes. I just tried now; I requested the code, and it got delivered. It is the only code I requested in order to avoid duplicates. Still not working.

    User's image

    Was this answer helpful?


  2. Chloe-V 13,450 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-17T03:44:11.28+00:00

    Hi @Roland Sweet

    I’m sorry you’re having trouble verifying your child’s Microsoft account.

    Please request one new verification code and enter only the most recent code received, as requesting another code may invalidate the earlier one. Avoid requesting several codes in quick succession.

    If the code is sent to another Outlook.com, Hotmail, Live, or MSN account, keep the child account’s verification page open in one InPrivate window, then open a second InPrivate window to sign in to the mailbox receiving the code. Copy the newest code and enter it on the original verification page.

    Also confirm that the verification message comes from an address ending in @accountprotection.microsoft.com.

    Please note that this is a user-to-user support forum. Moderators, contributors including external Microsoft employees cannot directly intervene in Microsoft product features or access back-end systems. Our role is limited to providing technical guidance on reported issues, requests, or ideas only.

    If the newest code is still rejected, please contact Microsoft Support for account-specific assistance: Contact Microsoft Support.


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.