Help needed for Business + Copilot subscription licence assignment

Flick Caldwell 0 Reputation points
2026-09-16T16:06:12.3566667+00:00

I am having issues assigning my Copilot licence to my user profile. I have the M365 Business Standard + Copilot Business package. It is an absolute nightmare to navigate and I need help to reconfigure the licence assignment. I have gone through the help pages but my brain cannot 'compute' several pages of text and links. I just want someone to actually talk to about this and to help fix this online.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Hendrix 1,425 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-16T17:07:20.9933333+00:00

    Hi Flick,

    Regarding your concern, you don't have to work through several layers of documentation just to assign a licence. I will guide you through the shortest path to assign it:

    • Sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center with your administrator account.
    • Go to Users > Active users > select your user profile.
    • Open Licences and apps and confirm that both of these products are enabled:
      • Microsoft 365 Business Standard
      • Microsoft 365 Copilot Business, or the Copilot product name shown in your tenant
    • Expand Apps beneath the Copilot licence and make sure the Copilot-related services are enabled.
    • Select Save changes.

    Note: You need at least the Licence Administrator or User Administrator role to perform the assignment.

    If you need to get an actual person to contact and guide you through this concern, please follow these steps:

    • Sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center with your administrator account.
    • Select Help & support (Headset icon) at the bottom-right.
    • Turn off the "Support Assistant" feature
    • Use the keyword "Support" to quickly bypass automated suggestions, then select Contact Support.
    • Select Phone as the contact method

    User's image

    • Describe your query details in the ticket description and select Contact me.

    Hope this information is useful. Should you have any further questions, please feel free to share them in the comment below. I'm very happy to help.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.