remove R2Copilot from word.

Bob Milliken 0 Reputation points
2026-09-14T17:29:53.8233333+00:00

I am trying to remove R2Copilot from Word and install the version of Copilot that comes with my MS subscription. To start, how do I remove R2Copilot?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

4 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Bob Milliken 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-16T19:42:05.82+00:00

    Thx for the follow-up. To answer your questions...

    1. Word for Windows
    2. R2Copilot does not appear under my Add-ins.
    3. R2Copilot appears in the menu bar as the last item on the far right.
    4. When I click R2Copilot, I see the R2Copilot "Get Started" message
    5. R2Copilot does not appear in the File> Options> Add-ins list
    6. R2Coplit does not appear in any of the Add-ins windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Bob Milliken 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-14T21:18:12.9133333+00:00

    Thank you for the instructions. I still can't remove R2Copilot from Word. At step 5, I do not see the option to remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Bob Milliken 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-14T21:17:12.22+00:00

    Thank you for the instructions. I still can't remove R2Copilot from Word. At step 5, I do not see the option to remove.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  4. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,305 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-14T19:08:05.5+00:00

    R2 Copilot is a third-party add-in and is separate from Microsoft Copilot. To remove R2 Copilot from Word, please try the following:

    1. Open Word.
    2. Go to Home > Add-ins > More Add-ins.
    3. Select the My Add-ins tab.
    4. Locate R2 Copilot.
    5. Select it, then choose Remove and confirm the removal.
    6. Close and reopen Word.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.