Issues with Authenticator

Lowenstein, Izzy 0 Reputation points
2026-09-08T00:21:35.9033333+00:00

I got a new phone and I am trying to add my college ID to my wallet so I can get into my building but I can not open the app to add it without my Authenticator. But my Authenticator has been signed out once I got the new phone. When I try and sign in, it says I need to enter the code into my Authenticator app while I am actively trying to log in to it.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Kien 1,710 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-08T02:09:53.3766667+00:00

    Dear Lowenstein, Izzy,

    Please note that since your account is belonged to an organization (your university/ school), none of moderators could help you do this action. Kindly follow these steps:

    Please contact your IT Admin to revoke your MFA. Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID | Microsoft Learn

    In case you do not know who your IT Admin is, please refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support

    If they still could not do it, please ask them to raising a support. A technical support engineer can perform a remote session to investigate the situation verify the backend configurations, and run any necessary synchronization tools to resolve the problem.

    The IT Admin should create a service request with Microsoft support to get advanced technical assistance and diagnostics. For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin.

    After revoke the MFA, kindly help me to access your account again and set up MFA for your new phone.

    I hope the information shared helps point you in the right direction.  


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.