I WANT to change my payment method and I can't please contact me

Ellis Dorothy 0 Reputation points
2026-08-26T13:48:49.34+00:00

Hello

I lost my credit card and you were unable to collect the €4.44 TEAMS subscription because it was refused. I now have the new number of my new card but I can't get into your system to change it. Thank you for calling me back to help me with this.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer recommended by moderator
Hin Vo 1,190 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-08-26T14:49:32.1633333+00:00

Hi @Ellis Dorothy

As this is a user-to-user support forum, I’m not part of the Microsoft Support team, so I don’t have the ability to directly intervene in billing matters or arrange a callback on Microsoft’s behalf. However, I’ll do my best to point you in the right direction.

Based on the information you provided, I understand that your Teams subscription payment (€4.44) was declined because your previous credit card was lost, and you now need to update your payment method but are unable to access the system to do so.

To better understand your situation, could you please confirm whether this subscription is associated with a Microsoft 365 business account and whether you are currently locked out of your tenant or administrator account?

If there is another Global Administrator in your organization, they can update the payment method by following this guide: Manage payment methods for Microsoft business accounts

In case you do not know who is your IT admin, kindly refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support 

If additional assistance is required, your administrator can contact Microsoft Billing Support, as they have the appropriate tools and access to review subscriptions, billing records, invoices, and payment methods, and can assist with updating your payment information. They can follow the steps below:

Sign in to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center with their Microsoft administrator account.

On right bottom corner click on "Help & support"     

User's image

Describe your issue briefly then choose the "Contact support".    

User's image

Additionally, depending on your region, you may also contact Microsoft Support by phone using the following page: Customer service phone numbers - Microsoft Support 

When reaching out to Billing Support, please include as much of the following information as possible: 

  • Subscription name (Teams subscription).
  • Charge amount (€4.44).
  • Date the payment was declined.
  • Invoice number (if available).
  • Billing account or tenant information.
  • Company domain name.
  • Screenshot of any billing or payment error message.
  • Last four digits of the previous payment card, if available.

If your subscription was purchased through a Microsoft partner or reseller, please contact the reseller directly, as they may be responsible for managing billing and can work with Microsoft on your behalf if needed.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to correct me if I misunderstood your request. If you have any additional concerns, feel free to comment below. I would be more than happy to assist. 

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.