How do I swap which currency to use in my Microsoft balance?

Wu Peter 0 Reputation points
2026-08-23T03:22:00.8566667+00:00

I currently have 2 currencies stored in my Microsoft balance - 10 NTD, and the currency I am trying to switch to, 10 USD. I already have my region set to the US, so why is it still trying to use the 10 NTD I have left in my account? Is there any way to switch back to USD?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. magda balza 0 Reputation points
    2026-09-17T20:31:59.63+00:00

    Me pueden arreglar mi saldo de mi Xbox porque no puedo comprar nada si aparece pero no me deja comprarlo nada sólo con los 9 centavos me aparece para comprar lo demás me aparece separado pero son dólares y no sé por qué me aparece dividido

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Diana Mariz 10,925 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-08-23T04:19:26.8433333+00:00

    Hello,

    As per checking, you can’t manually switch which currency is used in your Microsoft account balance. Even though your region is set to the US, the system will always deduct from the non‑empty balance tied to the original currency first. That means your 10 NTD will be consumed before your 10 USD balance is touched. Changing the region doesn’t convert existing funds, and balances in different currencies remain separate. The only way to spend in USD is to use up or clear the NTD balance, or start fresh with a new account set to the US region.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.