Update on my troubleshooting
I ran several additional tests, and I think I found a fairly clear connection with the generic M103 wireless mouse.
When the M103 is powered on and its USB receiver is connected, the left click works normally.
When I turn off the M103 and disconnect its USB receiver, the problem appears: the touchpad cursor still moves, but the left click stops working.
To rule out the touchpad itself, I connected a wired Logitech mouse. Its cursor moves normally, but its left click also stops working when the problem occurs.
I tested the Logitech in a different USB port, with the same result.
The right click continues to work.
I confirmed that Windows has the primary mouse button set to Left, and “Switch primary and secondary buttons” is disabled.
In Device Manager, the I2C HID Device reports: “This device is working properly.”
I also checked Event Viewer while the problem was happening, but no new event appeared exactly when the failure occurred.
The most interesting part: when I turn the M103 back on/reconnect it, the left click starts working again.
So far, I can reproduce this sequence:
M103 ON → left click works M103 OFF/disconnected → left click stops working on both the touchpad and Logitech mouse M103 ON/reconnected → left click works again
At this point, I increasingly suspect some kind of driver, power-management issue, or Windows interaction with the HID/USB device when the generic wireless mouse is disconnected, rather than a physical problem with the touchpad itself.
If anyone has any ideas about which driver, Windows setting, or power-management option I should investigate next, I'd really appreciate the help.