In case you did not fix it yet. Turning off Hardware accelerated GPU scheduling managed to make my problems disappear. Don't know why this feature exists.
Windows 11 25H2 – Left mouse click intermittently stops working while cursor movement still works
Hello,
I am experiencing an intermittent input problem on a Lenovo LOQ 15ARP9 laptop.
System information:
- Laptop: Lenovo LOQ 15ARP9
- Machine Type: 83JC
- Operating system: Windows 11 Home Single Language
- Windows version: 25H2
- OS build: 26200.9168
- Windows Update: fully up to date
- BIOS: PQCN30WW
Problem:
At random times, the left mouse click stops responding, while cursor movement continues to work normally.
The problem is not limited to the laptop's touchpad.
When the problem occurs:
- The touchpad cursor still moves normally.
- The left click on the touchpad does not work.
- The left click on an external mouse can also stop working.
- In some cases, the Windows taskbar also stops responding to left clicks.
- A right-click can sometimes immediately restore left-click functionality.
- The problem can disappear without restarting Windows.
This is particularly interesting because I have reproduced the issue with different pointing devices, including a mouse that does NOT use Bluetooth. Therefore, the problem does not appear to be caused exclusively by my Bluetooth mouse.
Initially I suspected Bluetooth because the problem sometimes appeared after turning off a Bluetooth mouse. However, I later reproduced the same behavior while using a different non-Bluetooth mouse, so I no longer believe the Bluetooth mouse itself is the root cause.
I also tested the following:
- Disabled "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for the MediaTek Bluetooth Adapter.
- The problem still occurred.
- Checked the AMD I2C Controller driver:
- Version 1.2.0.126
- Checked the AMD SMBus driver:
- Version 2.0.0.23
- Checked the MediaTek Bluetooth Adapter:
- Driver version 25.40.2.226
These versions match the relevant drivers provided by Lenovo for this laptop.
The touchpad cursor itself continues to work when the left click is blocked, which makes a complete touchpad hardware failure seem unlikely.
The most unusual behavior is that the problem can affect both the touchpad and an external mouse at the same time, while pointer movement continues to work.
I would like to know whether this could be a Windows 11 25H2 input-stack, Shell/Explorer, HID, or driver interaction issue.
Could someone help determine which Windows component or driver I should investigate?
I would especially appreciate guidance on how to capture useful diagnostic information while the problem is actually occurring, rather than simply reinstalling drivers or replacing the mouse.
Thank you.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
2 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Thoura Sopheak Nanta 580 Reputation points
2026-08-15T01:09:01.0333333+00:00 Press Win + R, type in
eventvwrThen Windows Logs > System, Check for any errors around the time the issue persists. You may provide me these errors.Go to Device Manager > Expand Mice and Pointing Devices and uninstall everything in it
Then go to the Action tab and click Scan for hardware changes. Windows should automatically reinstall it.
If your mouse stops working before you can go to the action center by clicking Alt + A, then using arrow keys, select Scan for Hardware changes then enter.
If the issue persists, go to Human Interface Devices in Device manager, Uninstall 12C HID Device, your mousepad will not work after you uninstall, then press Alt + A and run Scan for Hardware changes.
Hope this helps!
Best regards,
Nanta