OneDrive still showing OneDrive personal despite being in the Microsoft 365 family

Paul Chou 1,471 Reputation points
2026-06-22T07:04:55.64+00:00

hi,

I want some clarifications. I was at Microsoft 365 home to begin with. After my subscription nearly ended, I upgraded to Microsoft 365 family. Why is OneDrive still states OneDrive personal? Is that normal or how can I get it to state OneDrive family? Unless there is no such thing as OneDrive family. When I go to device manager to manually update a driver from the OneDrive folder, it will not let me.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
DaveM121 934.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-22T07:40:50.43+00:00

That is normal, whether your have the Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription, it is still your own OneDrive Personal account that is linked to your PC, there are two types of OneDrive account, OneDrive Personal and OneDrive for Business, there is no OneDrive Family.

For the driver problem, the best option if you need to install a driver is to go to the support page for your PC on the manufacturers to download and install the required driver form there.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.