The fixlist.txt script ran fine. Please enable Memory Integrity now.
Once done, re-run the 25H2 upgrade.
Let me know how it goes.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Now it won't shut down properly. It keeps trying to download and install but it doesn't work.
How do I go back to the last know working version of windows? Where has that option gone?
This is exactly why I don't like all of the updates all of the time. I like to stay on a working version. But lately I've let it update when it wants too, now I'm regretting that.
The fixlist.txt script ran fine. Please enable Memory Integrity now.
Once done, re-run the 25H2 upgrade.
Let me know how it goes.
AI answer
Error 0xC1900101 is usually caused by a driver problem during a Windows upgrade, and failed upgrades can leave the system in an unstable state (for example, shutdown not working and Windows repeatedly trying to install the same update).
To get back to a stable, working state and stop the repeated 25H2 attempts, use these steps in order:
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
sfc /scannow
If 25H2 continues to fail with 0xC1900101 even after the repair, the next step (from Microsoft guidance) is to focus on drivers: ensure there is enough free disk space, run Windows Update multiple times, update or remove problematic third‑party drivers, and unplug non‑essential hardware before trying the upgrade again.
References:
Hi,
0xC1900101 is usually a driver-related issue. We need to remove some outdated drivers to ensure the 25H2 upgrade succeeds.
How do I go back to the last know working version of windows? Where has that option gone?
If you've upgraded from an earlier OS version, the option to go back to the previous version of Windows is valid for 10 days from the date of the upgrade.
I like to stay on a working version.
Please run winver.exe and post a screenshot of that dialog. The dialog shows your OS version and the build number.
Note: Windows 11 version 24H2 will reach its end of support on October 13, 2026 for Home and Pro editions. After this date, these devices will no longer receive monthly security updates, bug fixes, or technical support.
None of these things worked.
What do I do now?