recover access to lost admin account of customer

Seguino de Zeeuw 20 Reputation points
2026-06-18T20:42:35.6133333+00:00

Hello,

An old customer called me. Its a man with 1 other employee. They want access to their office 365 admin account. But they dont remember credentials. Username and password. What is the procedure to recover this? They know the domain and have 2 normal user accounts in the domain.

With kind regards,

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2026-06-18T21:12:11.7833333+00:00

Hi Seguino,

Good day and thank you for the clear description of your concern.

Because this issue involves administrative privileges and specific account-level security, I need to handle the next steps with extra care.

To ensure our forum’s compliance and to keep your sensitive information fully protected, I have initiated a private message for your convenience and left a note there. At your earliest availability, please review that message so I can assist you more affectively.

To access your private messages, sign in to the Q&A forum using the account you used to post your question. Then, navigate to the Private Messages section to view and respond.

User's image

Thank you for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your response.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.