I cant log in

(Student) Afif-Amir, Aye 20 Reputation points
2026-06-18T09:53:18.9333333+00:00

I try to log in onto microsoft authenticator, but ive to USE the app to log in there?? My phone is stolen and I HAVE TO LOG IN. HOW?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For education | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2026-06-18T10:31:25.0566667+00:00

Hello @(Student) Afif-Amir, Aye,

I’m really sorry you’re running into this.

From what you described, your account is protected by multi-factor authentication (MFA) using Microsoft Authenticator, and since your phone was stolen, you no longer have access to the verification method. That’s why you’re stuck in a loop where the system asks you to use the app to sign in but the app is no longer available to you.

Since I noticed that your username is related to student, so if you are using an account provided by your school, the best and quickest way forward would be to contact your school’s IT administrator or help desk. They have the necessary permissions to reset your MFA settings and help you regain access.

You can kindly ask them to follow the steps in this official guide to revoke your existing authentication sessions and require MFA re-registration: Manage authentication methods for Microsoft Entra multifactor authentication - Microsoft Entra ID |…

User's image

This process usually only takes a few minutes. Once they’ve reset it, your previous sign-in sessions will be cleared, and the next time you try to log in, you’ll be prompted to set up MFA again from the beginning. At that point, you’ll need to prepare a new phone or device to install Microsoft Authenticator (or use another allowed method like SMS, depending on your school’s policy).

As this is a user-to-user support forum, I’m not able to directly access or reset your account. I can only guide you based on official Microsoft documentation and point you to the right support path. Since your account is managed by your school, only their IT team can make changes to its security settings.

Thank you again for your patience and understanding, and I wish you a smooth and quick recovery of access. If you have any updates, feel free to come back and share. I’ll do my best to assist further!


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.