My microsoft email is my old email address & is different to my current one

Anne Lidbetter 40 Reputation points
2026-06-17T02:31:54.1733333+00:00

My microsoft account is locked into my old optus email address which I no longer use. I am now using a gmail address. I would love to be able to use my current email address so that everything aligns. I keep having to log in with my optus email. I am also getting told I have run out of room however I have a new subscription with plenty of space (1T). Because I have 2 emails is it getting confused with these emails? How do I stop the full storage messages?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2026-06-18T08:24:03.1166667+00:00

You an add another e-mail address as an alias to your Microsoft account. This will make signing in a bit more easy.

However, if you want to get rid of the optus mail and actually move to a different mail for your Microsoft account, you will have to cancel your Microsoft subscription and then order a new one, using the preferred mail (for example, @gmail.com in this case).

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

Answer accepted by question author
Estrella721 46,135 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-17T03:11:44.41+00:00

Hi,

Are you subscribed to Microsoft 365 using the old email address, the Google email account, or both?

Please sign in to both accounts and check which one has the subscription by visiting:

https://account.microsoft.com/services

Then compare that account with the email address you are currently using to access Outlook or OneDrive.

Also, please check whether your storage space has been updated:

Go to https://outlook.live.com/

Select Settings > Accounts > Storage.

Expand both the Microsoft Storage and Cloud Storage sections.

Does it show 1 TB of storage there?

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.