Installing Windows 11 on new PC after System Failure

J K 20 Reputation points
2026-06-15T01:17:49.82+00:00

I need direction as to how to install Office Home and Student 2021 on a new computer. Former PC crashed and is no longer usable. Most of my searching provides advice on how to uninstall Office and then reinstall, which is impossible in my case.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
GsN5034 - IA 77,555 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-15T02:05:16.9233333+00:00

Hello, thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.

  1. May I please know how you originally purchased or activated your Office Home & Student 2021 license? Was it preinstalled on your previous device, or did you purchase the license separately from the Microsoft Store or an authorized retailer?
  2. When you sign in with your Microsoft account on the Services & Subscriptions page, do you see your Office Home & Student 2021 license listed there as shown in the screenshot?

https://account.microsoft.com/services

User's image

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. J K 20 Reputation points
    2026-06-15T03:12:07.48+00:00

    I did purchase it separately.

    I was able to follow the instructions on the Subscriptions page. Installed!

    Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.