More convenient way to download all files from a shared link

ferdinand 20 Reputation points
2026-06-12T02:35:26.03+00:00

I was recently given access to a OneDrive family plan for 1 TB. I want to start using it to sync my work files, and I usually use cloud services to share work to printers and other people for work.

However, every time I seem to open a link in incognito mode(to simulate not having a MS account), I can't find the download button once I select more than one file, it only says Copy To as if to prompt them to make a MS account.

Is this indicative of something wrong with my MS account or is there a setting? If this is the default behaviour, I'm afraid I won't be able to use OneDrive to share work files.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Xavier-D 13,480 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-12T07:15:57.93+00:00

Hello ferdinand

I can see that you are having issue with OneDrive

Based on what you described, this sounds less like an issue with your Microsoft account and more like how OneDrive personal sharing behaves for unauthenticated visitors in some shared-link scenarios.

Since you are testing in an incognito window, OneDrive is treating the session like a recipient who is not signed in, so the available actions may be more limited than what you see as the owner.

One important point is that Microsoft 365 Family / personal OneDrive is mainly designed for personal cloud storage and sharing, not necessarily as a bulk file-delivery system for repeated work/print workflows. For occasional sharing it can work well, but if your recipients often need to download many files at once without signing in, it may not be the smoothest option.

A practical workaround would be to prepare the shared content as a single downloadable package before sharing:

  • Put the files for each job/client/printer into one local folder.
  • Compress that folder into a .zip file on your computer.
  • Upload the .zip file to OneDrive.
  • Share that single .zip file instead of asking recipients to select multiple items from the web page

This avoids relying on OneDrive’s multi-select download behavior for anonymous users and gives the recipient one clear download target.

Feel free reply back to this post and update me on this issue, I'll be happy to help.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.