Using classic Outlook for Windows in business environments
Dear @R A K,
Good day, and thank you for reaching out to the Q&A Forum. I understand that you are trying to find the exact second an email was sent in Classic Outlook through the Internet headers section of the message properties. From my research, the exact second-level timestamp is generally available only for received emails. For sent emails in Classic Outlook, Outlook does not currently expose the timestamp in the interface or Internet headers.
As a workaround, you may try using New Outlook or Outlook on the web, which can display the sent time with greater precision (hour and minute). However, at this time, they still do not display the exact second the message was sent.
If this is a feature you would like to see, I suggest keeping an eye on the Microsoft Outlook blog or the Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365 for any updates on this feature. In the meantime, I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause. I also strongly recommend that you share your detailed experience and feedback directly with the Microsoft product team through their official channels. This is the most effective way to make your voice heard and influence future feature improvements and adjustments.
You can visit the Outlook · Community to submit a new idea or vote on existing one. The product team is in charge of this site, and they constantly check customer reviews and feedback. The higher the number of votes, the more attention the team will pay to it. Many features are developed and improved based on customer feedback. As a moderator, I will also pass along your feedback to the appropriate team for further consideration. While we don't directly influence product design, user feedback is actively reviewed and helps prioritize future development. If you’re unable to submit feedback yourself, please feel free to reach out to me, and I’ll be happy to submit it on your behalf.
I truly appreciate your kindness and understanding as Outlook continues to evolve and improve over time. Please feel free to reach out again if you have any additional questions or need further assistance.
Have a wonderful day!
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.