I am not able to send emails but I am receiving emails through Outlook

Exum Plumbing 20 Reputation points
2026-06-03T20:22:45.0033333+00:00

I am not able to send emails but I am receiving emails. I am getting an error that says "none of the authentication methods supported by this client are supported by your server."

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Ryan-N 16,085 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
2026-06-03T21:00:09.49+00:00

Hi @Exum Plumbing,

Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

The described error may occur if your Outlook email account is not configured to log in to the incoming mail server before sending email, while your Internet Service Provider (ISP) requires authentication before sending email through SMTP.

You can refer to the following document:

0x800CCC80 error when sending mail from Outlook - Outlook | Microsoft Learn

Please follow the steps below:

1/ Repair the account

Step 1: Click File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings

Step 2: Select your account > Repair

2/ Reconfigure the account

For more information on how to configure an Outlook email account, please refer to the following article:

Add an email account to Outlook

At the same time, I also found the following document that may be helpful to you:

Bing Videos

This link is shared by community members for your convenience. It points to a third-party site that is not managed or verified by Microsoft. We can’t guarantee the quality, safety, or suitability of any content or software found there. Please review carefully and make sure you understand any potential risks before using it.

I hope this information is helpful

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

I look forward to continuing the conversation.


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it.

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.