Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Good day @Robert Houk,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience.
Just to gently clarify before we go any further, I’m not able to modify or recover user accounts; due to security and privacy requirements, issues like sign-in failures, password recovery, and multi-factor authentication must be handled by Microsoft Data Protection team, who have the proper tools and authorization to manage account-level settings securely. However, I truly hope I can help review your situation, provide guidance, and support you in identifying the best possible next steps.
To protect your organization’s security, the information you provided has been moved to a Private Message.
I’ve gone through your description, and I’m sorry to hear about the difficulty you are experiencing when trying to access the old admin account due to issues with the Microsoft Authenticator app and your account doesn't have admin permissions.
I need to gather some information about your organization in order to better assist you. For account security purposes, please check your Private Messages. I’ve sent you a secure note there so we can continue the support process safely and more efficiently.
Private Messages can be viewed or sent by signing in to the Q&A forum with the account that created this thread, then selecting Private messages.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.