Teams camera works, but doesn't show

Timo 20 Reputation points
2026-06-01T07:11:55.6166667+00:00

When joining a meeting and turning on the camera, it shows perfectly fine in the preview, but it doesn't in the actual meeting. In this meeting I only see my own and other people their initials.

In the taskbar down below, when hovering it, I see a tab of everybody their cameras, but when I click on it, nothing opens.

I think it's important to note that the camera screen opens for a split second when the meeting starts, but it quickly disappears. When I click through the view options, rooms, etc. I also see my own camera visually for a split second, and it disappears once more.

The device is a business device & in Intune. Teams has camera permissions. Cache has been removed, app has been repaired & even reinstalled. The tab can't be maximized and restoring doesn't work either.

We could reinstall the PC in its entirety as a last resort, but I figured I'd ask first :)

Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Teams for business | Meetings and calls | Audio and video
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2026-06-08T10:09:12.02+00:00

Hi @Timo, 

Thank for your response. I really appreciated it.

There’s a good chance this isn’t an issue with the Logitech MeetUp itself, but rather how the Teams desktop app is recognizing your setup. From what you described earlier, Teams is likely detecting you as being connected to a meeting room or room device. When that happens, it can switch the experience to a “room mode,” where the video gallery is optimized for the room display instead of your personal screen. That’s why the camera or gallery might not appear the same way as it does in the web version, or seems to be hidden on your laptop. 

You can try adjusting this behavior directly in Teams. In the desktop app, go to Settings and more, then Settings, then Devices, and turn off the option called “Automatically activate meeting room mode when in a meeting.” 

User's image

This setting can cause Teams to automatically switch modes when it detects connected room audio or video devices like your MeetUp. After turning it off, please restart Teams, join the meeting again, and manually select the Logitech MeetUp camera if needed. 

Please give it a try and feel free to let me know how it goes, I’m here to help if anything still feels off.  

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2026-06-01T08:39:33.9433333+00:00

    Hi @Timo, 

    Thanks for sharing such a detailed description and I'm more than happy to look into this with you. 

    To help narrow things down a bit, I’d suggest first trying to sign in to Teams on the web using Edge or Chrome, then joining the same type of meeting. If everything works normally there and you’re able to see everyone’s video without any issue, that would strongly suggest this is a local problem with the desktop client, most likely related to the video rendering layer in Teams. 

    It would also be very helpful if you could try joining from another device using the Teams app. This can quickly tell me whether the experience is tied to your current device or if it follows your account. 

    Whenever you have a moment, feel free to leave a comment under this post and share what you observed from those tests. That will help me get a clearer picture and offer any further insights or suggestions to help you move forward. 

    Thanks again, and I look forward to hearing from you! 


    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.