I changed my account password and now I'm asking for help with a local account because I can't do anything with my local account and since I'm in Iran, it might be harder for me to use Forget My PIN because it's most likely a filter.

soheil hashemi 20 Reputation points
2026-06-01T05:06:33.58+00:00

I changed my account password and now I'm asking for help with a local account because I can't do anything with my local account and since I'm in Iran, it might be harder for me to use Forget My PIN because it's most likely a filter.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
GsN5034 - IA 77,900 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-06-01T05:46:06.32+00:00

Hello, thank you for reaching out to Microsoft Q&A.

Could you please provide more details about the issue you're experiencing? Are you having trouble signing in to your computer, and if so, what exact error message appears on the Windows sign-in screen?

Please note that changing your Microsoft account password does not affect your Local account password. Your Local account is a separate, temporary user profile on your computer. So,

  1. May I please know what happens when you click the 'Forgot my PIN' option on the Sign-in screen?
  2. Do you have the option to reset your local account password directly from the Sign-in screen?

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. GsN5034 - IA 77,900 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-06-01T06:01:43.76+00:00

    Hello,

    Please use the safe mode to access the built-in administrator account -

    To boot your PC in safe mode -

    1. Start your device and wait for the Windows logo (or the manufacturer's logo) to appear.
    2. As soon as the Windows logo appears, press and hold the power button until the device shuts down.
    3. Turn your device on again and repeat step 2.
    4. Turn your device on a third time. Windows should display the Automatic Repair screen.

    From there, select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.

    Press F4 to boot your PC in safe mode.

    Log in using your old administrator password.

    Open Command Prompt (Administrator) Window, run the command below, and click Enter.

    net user username newpassword
    
    net localgroup administrators username /add
    

    Note: Replace Username with the actual username and newpassword with the new password you set for the local admin user account.

    Once done, sign out and sign in to the newly created local admin user profile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.