Country calendar not showing on "Add Holidays" list and cannot be removed - Classic Outlook Desktop

Joana Pires 25 Reputation points
2026-05-29T13:34:58.7066667+00:00

Hi everyone!

For some reason, Lithuania's calendar is added to my calendar.

My company does not work with Lithuania so there is no reason for me to have that calendar assigned.

On File > Options > Calendar > Add Holidays to Calendar, Lithuania does not appear checked, and therefore I cannot uncheck/remove. If I try to check it, I get the message that 'Holidays for Lithuania are already installed'.

User's imageUser's image

Other than my country, I deliberately installed Brazil's holidays. Brazil's holidays shows on the calendar, but Brazil is also not checked on this list.

My country's holidays show on the calendar and show on this list.

Is there an alternative way I can remove Lithuania's holiday calendar?

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For business

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2026-05-29T14:09:33.14+00:00

Hi Joana Pires

To remove Lithuania’s holiday events from a specific calendar, please follow the steps below:

1/ Go to View > Change View > List 

User's image

2/ Select the Location column, then click the arrow to open the drop-down list, and choose Show in Groups 

 

User's image

User's image

3/ You will then see all events grouped by each location, similar to the image below. Locate Lithuania, then right-click and select Delete 

 User's image

I hope this provides additional insight. 


If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.