Spark between battery cord and cord port.

RD 260 Reputation points
2026-05-28T15:36:55.6933333+00:00

I was cleaning the internals of my laptop, and before J began, I was sure to unplug the battery from the motherboard. When I was done and plugged it back in, spark between the cord and the cord port appeared as I was pushing it in. My laptop turned on and seemed fine afterwards.

Just want to make sure I didn't fry anything. 😅

My laptop: 16IRX9 (Legion)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
EmilyS_726 30,260 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2026-05-28T16:12:55.4933333+00:00

Hello

This question is out of the support scope of this forum. This is hardware question, not Windows or Microsoft product question.

If everything works normally, there is probably no issue. A one-time tiny spark during reconnection does not automatically mean the board was fried.

For the future, after unplugging the battery, press and hold the power button for about 15 to 30 seconds before working inside the laptop. That helps discharge leftover power in the system. Also, reconnect the battery slowly and straight, without wiggling the connector against the port.

If you want to be 100% sure, it is best to contact manufacturer support.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Newest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.