AADSTS90019 error when signing up for Microsoft 365 Business Basic

Alex Sisler 20 Reputation points
2026-05-28T01:24:00.8466667+00:00

I really need help here, ideally directly from Microsoft. I was going through the process of setting up a business basic account and then at the end when signing in I was hit with this error: AADSTS90019: No tenant-identifying information found in either the request or implied by any provided credentials.

The account does not seem to exist and the tenant does not seem to have been created, but I'm being charged for the license. I set this up using an email that did not yet exist because I planned on creating the email and verifying the domain once in my tenant by signing in with the onmicrosoft.com (I own the domain for the email). So because of that I cannot recover the account either because there is no email to send the recovery to. I can't get through to a human at Microsoft and I can submit a support ticket because that requires being logged in. Does anybody have any advice or someone they can be me in contact with? Should I just sign into Microsoft with my personal email and submit a ticket that way even though the two accounts are not related? Thank you in advance.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author

AI answer

2026-05-28T01:24:22.6533333+00:00

Use of a non-existent email during sign-up likely left the Microsoft 365 Business Basic purchase associated with a billing account but without a usable tenant or admin sign-in, which is why sign-in fails with AADSTS90019 and recovery emails cannot be received.

To move forward, the supported path is to contact Microsoft support so identity and ownership can be verified and the tenant/billing issue corrected. This must go through standard Microsoft 365 support channels; it cannot be bypassed.

Actionable steps:

  1. Sign in with an existing Microsoft account
    • Sign in with a personal Microsoft account (for example, an Outlook.com or other existing Microsoft account) to access Microsoft’s support entry points.
    • This account does not need to be the same as the one used during the failed sign-up; it is only used to open a support case.
  2. Open a Microsoft 365 support request
    • Go to the Microsoft 365 support page at https://support.microsoft.com/office.
    • Choose the option related to sign-in or tenant access issues (for example, “I can’t sign in or access my tenant”).
    • Clearly explain:
      • That a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription was purchased.
      • The email address and domain used during sign-up (even if the mailbox does not yet exist).
      • That sign-in fails with AADSTS90019 and that no tenant appears to have been created.
      • That billing charges are appearing for this subscription.
    • Be prepared to provide proof of domain ownership and business documentation if requested, as identity verification is required before tenant or subscription changes can be made.
  3. Work with support to resolve tenant access/billing
    • Microsoft support may:
      • Locate the tenant or incomplete sign-up associated with the purchase.
      • Help complete or correct tenant creation and assign an admin account, or
      • Adjust or cancel the subscription if it was mis-provisioned.
    • If the subscription was created under a Microsoft Customer Agreement billing account, be aware that a Microsoft Entra ID Free tenant may have been created automatically for tracking; support can clarify this and align the subscription with the correct tenant.
  4. If needed, use phone support
    • If online support is difficult to access, use the regional Microsoft customer service phone numbers listed on the Microsoft Support site and request assistance with a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription sign-up/tenant access issue.
    • Clearly state that there is no working admin sign-in and that help is needed to either gain access to the tenant or correct billing.

Key points:

  • Tenant access and ownership changes always require identity verification; Microsoft support and the Data Protection processes are the only supported way to resolve such issues.
  • Using a personal Microsoft account to open the support request is appropriate and expected when the target tenant cannot be accessed.

References:

AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

Was this answer helpful?

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.