Microsoft 365 features that help users manage their subscriptions, account settings, and billing information.
Dear @Gavin Northey,
I understand how frustrating it can be to continue receiving billing emails from an organization you’re no longer affiliated with, especially when you no longer have access to their Microsoft 365 environment.
As a forum moderator, I truly apologize that I do not have the ability to remove your email address from another organization’s billing contact list.
In this situation, billing contact details and invoice notification recipients are managed internally within the organization’s Microsoft 365 tenant. Only Global Administrator or Billing Administrator can update or remove email addresses from the billing notification list.
As an alternative way to proceed, you can create a free Microsoft 365 trial tenant to gain access to the Microsoft 365 Admin Center and then raise a support ticket with Microsoft from there. This allows you to engage Microsoft support as an authenticated business user, which can help expedite assistance.
- You can sign up for a new Microsoft 365 Business trial using this link: Compare All Microsoft 365 Plans. You will need to use a different, personal email address to register.
- Once you have the trial tenant set up, you can go to the Admin Center and use the Help & Support option to open a billing-related case. For reference: Get support for Microsoft 365 for business
- In your request, clearly explain that your email address is still configured as a billing contact on another organization’s tenant without your consent, and that you no longer have any affiliation or access.
Important: Please remember to cancel the trial subscription after your original account issue is resolved to avoid any future charges.
This type of request can be treated as a billing or data/privacy concern, and the support team can review and escalate it appropriately on your behalf.
In the meantime, if the emails are disruptive, you may consider setting up an email rule to move or filter these invoice notifications until the issue is resolved. For more information, please follow: Manage email messages by using rules in Outlook
Note: Please understand that as a forum moderator, my role is to provide general guidance and troubleshooting support. I don’t have access to internal systems or backend tools, and I appreciate your understanding of these limits.
I hope the information shared helps point you in the right direction. Thank you for your patience and understanding. I'm looking forward for your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.