Erroneous Credit Card Charges - Advised my Microsoft they are from Commercial Products

C MCKENZIE 20 Reputation points
2026-05-27T13:43:26.56+00:00

Yesterday I sought help from standard consumer account support from Microsoft. I am receiving monthly charges from Microsoft that I cannot trace to any consumer account. The MS support yesterday said " Since the charge is identified by a #G1 that is a commercial product charge and you must go through that group for support". I followed the link they gave and it was unproductive and took me to places where I was unable to satisfy any of the computer questions. I have a case# from the consumer side, but that gets me nowhere with the commercial side. Case# [Moderator note: Personally Identifiable Information removed]  . The commercial side refers me back to the consumer side. How can I speak to someone on the commercial side to research these charges, I must talk to a person on the commercial billing side. Anyone have suggestions? Thank You

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2026-05-27T14:23:35.3333333+00:00

Hi @C MCKENZIE, 

Thank you for reaching out, and I truly understand how concerning and frustrating unexpected charges like this can be. I’m very willing to help you look into this further. 

Before we proceed, just to gently set expectations, this forum is a user-to-user space, so I’m not part of the Microsoft internal billing team and don’t have direct access to billing systems or account-level investigations. That said, I’m absolutely here to support you as much as I can by helping point you in the right direction and finding useful next steps together. 

If you’re comfortable, could you please share your invoice ID with me via private message? You can access private messaging by clicking the banner shown below: 

User's image

From there, I’ll try to reach out to the relevant resources to check what information may be available regarding this invoice/subscription. I’ll then come back to you with anything helpful I can find, along with suggestions on how you can move forward more effectively without getting stuck between support teams. 

I really appreciate your patience, and I look forward to your reply.  


Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

0 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.