Artifact Signing Account: can't create identity for validation

Marcell Kiss 20 Reputation points
2026-05-18T14:34:52.7333333+00:00

In Artifact Signing Account I want to use the Identity Validation to validate my Organization.
When I select "Add Identity" (organization, public) and select the Billing Account, I keep getting the same error message:
This subscription cannot be used for organization identity validation as the billing account type associated with it does not indicate ownership by an organization.

I checked everything possible: subscription, billing account, billing profile, entra id, domain verification, so everything I found and still seems like I have a proper company account. What else can I do?

Artifact Signing
Artifact Signing

A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)


Answer accepted by question author
Meha-MSFT 2,460 Reputation points Microsoft Employee Moderator
2026-06-02T22:16:36.9566667+00:00

Are you still getitng the error? You shouldn't.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

1 additional answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Marcell Kiss 20 Reputation points
    2026-06-03T05:28:17.2+00:00

    Now I could create the entity, it wasn't asking for billing account anymore.
    I'm waiting for the results:User's image
    Thanks a lot!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.