Mail merge problems with word and excel on my Macbook

Lise Hamonic 0 Reputation points
2026-04-27T19:03:50.0633333+00:00

I've read every post about this error message and tried all the suggested solutions but none of them have worked. What is the problem????

I get this error message when trying to create merge letters using my existing data source. I've used this before and it worked with no issues. Now suddenly, it won't work. What the heck happened???

User's image

why is this happening? especially when it worked really well with the same files 2 months ago?? From what I've seen, this is an issue with Macs as it seems, from what I've read, to work well on PCs. Why can't you get things working as well on Macs? Not everyone uses PC but pretty much everyone uses MS Office!!

Quit discrimination against Mac users and get your stuff working equally well on both systems! We pay the same subscription fess as PCusers but don't seem tog ate the same level of support or ability to use the programs error free.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For business | MacOS

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer recommended by moderator
Bob Jones AKA CyberTaz MVP 437.7K Reputation points
2026-04-27T19:59:50.62+00:00

That isn't an error message. it's merely a notification which has been implemented as a security measure. You should need only to click the Yes button & proceed as usual.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful