How to get Office 2024 for free for a student

Rudra kumar 0 Reputation points
2026-03-17T08:57:41.55+00:00

I am a student of a private school. The school has not registered yet for the Microsoft 365 services. I want free Microsoft Office 2025 for my early exposure to digital documentation so that I can focus for options ahead. So, I kindly request you to accept my application. I have my documents related to school and the School ID Card. I will be obliged to you for that.


Moved from Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For education | Windows

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-17T08:58:04.4466667+00:00

    Office 2024 itself is not available for free for individual students, but there are free Microsoft options for students:

    1. Use Microsoft 365 Online for free
      • Microsoft 365 Online is a free version that runs in a web browser.
      • It includes online versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and more.
      • Sign in or create a free Microsoft account using:
    2. Check if eligible for Microsoft 365 Education
      • Students and educators at eligible institutions can sign up for Microsoft 365 Education for free.
      • This gives access to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams via Microsoft365.com.
      • Go to Get started with Microsoft 365 for free and register with a valid school email address if available.
      • If the school is not yet registered, contact the school’s IT/admin staff and ask them to review and enroll in Microsoft 365 Education so students can receive free access.
    3. If a one-time purchase is needed instead of a subscription
      • Office 2024 is available as a one-time purchase (no subscription) for one PC or Mac, but it is not free.
      • It does not receive new features and has no upgrade option; future versions must be purchased again.

    Microsoft cannot grant a personal free Office 2024 license based on an individual request; eligibility is determined through the education or online offerings above.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.