My Azure Identity Validation Failed even though I qualify and provided all the required documents

George Wells 0 Reputation points
2026-03-16T18:02:14.52+00:00

My Azure Identity Validation Failed even though I qualify and provided all the required documents. I waited for more than a month and today I got a notice that my identity validation failed because of email verification. I got the notice in my email that I used for Azure!

I am at my wit's end. I don't know what to do. I can't find any way to contact anyone at Microsoft about my problem.

Microsoft is killing my small business. I have been in business for many years as a small software developer. My potential customers are going elsewhere because Microsoft tells them that is "Protected" their PC!! My only business is existing customers. Many of my existing customers call me because of the Microsoft warning.

Artifact Signing
Artifact Signing

A fully managed end-to-end service for digitally signing code, documents, and applications. (formerly Trusted Signing)

0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-16T18:02:43.75+00:00

    For Artifact Signing, an identity validation failure due to email verification almost always means the email verification link was missed or expired, or the email address used wasn’t acceptable for validation.

    Based on the documented behavior, the next steps are:

    1. Check why the email verification failed
      For Artifact Signing, email verification works as part of the identity validation flow. Common issues:
      • The verification email was sent to the primary email address but the link wasn’t selected within 7 days.
      • The email address used is not suitable (for example, a distribution list or an address that can’t receive external mail).
    2. If the email verification link expired or was missed
      • If the email verification link wasn’t selected within 7 days, a new link cannot be resent for the same request.
      • In this case, a new identity validation request must be created and completed from scratch.
    3. If the identity validation failed for other reasons
      The Artifact Signing service states:
      • If identity validation fails and it’s not just a missed email verification, the Microsoft validation team could not validate the information provided. Even if additional documents were requested and submitted, if they still can’t validate, onboarding to Artifact Signing is not possible.
      • If all three attempts to provide additional documents have been exhausted, the onboarding process cannot proceed further.
      • In that scenario, the guidance is to delete the Artifact Signing account to avoid being billed for unused resources.
    4. If the failure reason is specifically email-related and you still qualify
      • Create another identity validation request, ensuring that:
        • The primary email address is a monitored work account associated with the business domain (not a distribution list).
        • The mailbox can receive external messages and links.
        • The verification email is found (including junk/spam folders) and the link is selected within 7 days.
    5. Get direct assistance from Microsoft
      For Artifact Signing identity validation issues, the documented support paths are:
      • Open a case via Azure Support.
      • Ask for help on Microsoft Q&A using the artifact-signing tag.
        These are the official channels to get a human review of the situation and guidance on whether a new identity validation request can succeed and how to structure it.
    6. If identity validation ultimately cannot be passed
      • If the validation team cannot validate the organization after all requested documentation and attempts, onboarding to Artifact Signing is not possible.
      • In that case, the recommendation is to delete the Artifact Signing account so that no charges accrue for a service that cannot be used.

    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.