Can't find one of my accounts

Andrei Sirbu 0 Reputation points
2026-03-14T18:41:40.8733333+00:00

I had a one-time password key for my Rockstar account in my Authenticator app. I didn't sign in for a while and now, when I wanted to do it, I don't have my Rockstar account in Authenticator, and I don't see any backup in the app. Isntm't there any solution, like removing the 2-step verification from the account or anything? I hope this problem can be solved somehow

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-14T18:41:52.82+00:00

    For third-party accounts like Rockstar, Microsoft Authenticator only stores the one-time password (OTP) secret locally and in its backup. If the Rockstar entry has disappeared from Authenticator and there is no backup available to restore, the OTP secret for that account is lost and cannot be recovered from the app.

    Key points from how Authenticator works:

    • Third-party accounts (such as Amazon, Facebook, Gmail) are stored as one-time password codes that refresh every 30 seconds. These codes are available again only if the Authenticator backup is restored.
    • If there is no backup to restore, the app cannot recreate or recover the OTP secret for that account.

    Because of this, the only way to regain access to the Rockstar account is to go through Rockstar’s own account recovery or 2-step verification reset process (for example, using their backup codes, email/phone recovery, or contacting their support). Microsoft Authenticator and Microsoft support cannot remove or disable 2-step verification on a non-Microsoft (Rockstar) service.

    If a backup for Authenticator is set up in the future, third-party OTP accounts will be included so they can be restored if the app is reinstalled or a device is replaced.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.