Login problem

Vanille Cartier Millon 0 Reputation points
2026-03-10T22:07:12.3933333+00:00

Hello.

I think I have a problem with my authentification app. The app says I’m logged out and in order to log back in they send a code on the mobile app ( which I cannot access because I am currently using the app). Therefore I can never log in to the app.

‘can you help me ?

thank you,

vanille

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Newest
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-10T22:07:26.5+00:00

    Follow these steps depending on what account is being protected by Microsoft Authenticator.

    1. If this is a work or school (Microsoft Entra / Azure AD / Microsoft 365) account
      • Try another sign-in method if one is configured (SMS, phone call, email, security key, Windows Hello, etc.). On the sign-in screen, choose I can’t use my Microsoft Authenticator app right now or Use a different verification option and select an alternative method.
      • If no alternative method works or is configured, contact the organization’s IT Help desk or administrator and ask them to reset the multifactor authentication (MFA) settings for the account. They can:
        • Go to the Microsoft Entra admin center.
        • Open the user account.
        • Use the Require re-register multifactor authentication option so the account can be set up again in Authenticator.
      • If the account is the only global admin and no one else can reset MFA, the tenant admin must contact Microsoft Support by phone and ask to be routed to the Data Protection team to perform an admin MFA reset, as described in the referenced Q&A threads.
    2. If this is a personal Microsoft account (Outlook.com, Hotmail, etc.)
      • On the sign-in page, choose I don’t have my Microsoft Authenticator app or I can’t use my app right now and select another verification method (SMS or email code) if available.
      • If codes are not arriving, follow the guidance in the verification-code troubleshooting article (for example, avoid repeated requests, check junk mail for messages from @accountprotection.microsoft.com, verify the phone/email on the Security info page when access is restored).
      • If no method works and the account is locked, complete the account recovery form and/or contact Microsoft Support from another account, as outlined in the referenced Q&A.
    3. General Authenticator troubleshooting
      • Make sure the Microsoft Authenticator app is updated to the latest version and that notifications are enabled on the device so prompts and codes can be received.
      • Ensure the device has a working internet connection and correct date/time settings.
      • If the app shows “Authentication did not complete,” unlock the app, check that notifications are not silenced, and try again.

    If none of the above paths work and there is no alternative verification method or admin who can reset MFA, only Microsoft Support/Data Protection can verify identity and restore access; forum moderators and tools cannot bypass MFA or send codes.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.