I got charged $99.99 but I clicked free trial. How can I get a refund?

Rodrigo Garcia 0 Reputation points
2026-03-06T22:40:59.5766667+00:00

I got charged $99.99 but I clicked free trial. How can I get a refund?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-06T22:41:08.1866667+00:00

    Because the charge is for a Microsoft 365 subscription, the next step is to cancel the subscription and then check refund eligibility.

    Follow these steps:

    1. Go to the Microsoft 365 services page: https://account.microsoft.com/services/microsoft365 and sign in with the same Microsoft account used when starting the trial.
    2. Find the Microsoft 365 subscription that shows the $99.99 charge and select Manage.
    3. On the next page, select Cancel (or Upgrade or Cancel, then choose Cancel).
      • If you only see Turn on recurring billing, the subscription is already set to expire and won’t be charged again.
    4. After cancellation, refund eligibility is evaluated based on Microsoft’s subscription refund rules. Not all cancellations result in a refund, but recent, unused renewals (such as when a trial just converted to paid) are often eligible.
    5. If the subscription was purchased through Google Play or the Apple App Store instead of directly from Microsoft, contact their support to request a refund:

    If the charge is not recognized or seems incorrect, use the Manage your payments page from your Microsoft account dashboard (linked from the refund article) to investigate the charge details, then proceed with cancellation and refund request as above.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.