Family Organizer login

Family organizer logging 0 Reputation points
2026-03-05T05:31:38.45+00:00

I have tried to login to my mircosoft account, however it ask's if I'm a Gardian or not. I click that I'm a gardian, it then takes to me to login. Once i have put in my email address and password it then automatically regenerates to the login page.

If i click that i am a child, it will then ask for consent from the same email address. I then click the sign in to give permission and I'm then back at the SAME sign in window providing the same login details.

I have tried changing my password it still just auto regenerates back to the login.

I have tried login with a different member, it then says i can't make changes because that account is not the family organizer User's image

User's image

Microsoft 365 and Office | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. AI answer

    2026-03-05T05:31:59.2833333+00:00

    This loop usually happens when the same Microsoft account is being used both as the child account and as the adult/guardian account, or when consent was originally granted from a different adult account.

    Use these steps to break the loop and complete or fix consent:

    1. Confirm which account is the adult organizer
      • Go to the Manage permissions page for parental consent: https://account.live.com/unmanagekid.aspx (from the article “How to remove parental consent”).
      • Sign in with the account that is supposed to be the parent/guardian.
      • If the child account does not appear there, consent was granted by a different adult account. That other adult must sign in and manage consent.
    2. If the wrong birth date is set on the organizer account
      • If the organizer is actually an adult but Microsoft treats the account as a child, follow the guidance under “I'm an adult, but Microsoft thinks I'm a child” in the birth‑date article referenced from Family Safety troubleshooting to correct the date of birth.
    3. Provide consent correctly (from the true adult account)
      • Open the consent email on a device/browser where no Microsoft account is currently signed in.
      • Click Sign in to give permission in the email.
      • When prompted, sign in with the adult Microsoft account that originally granted consent (the one that can see the child under Manage permissions).
      • Approve the request.
    4. If consent needs to be reset
      • From the adult account that originally granted consent, go to Manage permissions and remove consent for the child account.
      • Then have the child sign in again; the account should automatically prompt for a fresh consent request.
      • Approve the new request from the correct adult account as in step 3.
    5. If the adult account cannot be accessed
      • The guidance states that if the adult who granted consent cannot access their account, the adult or appropriate guardian must attempt to recover that adult account first. Use the account recovery link provided in the parental‑consent documentation.

    If, after confirming the correct adult account and fixing any birth‑date issues, the consent flow still loops, use the Microsoft account sign‑in helper to check for sign‑in problems with the adult account and follow its instructions.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.