Authenticator not working and can't login to my emails without it!

Kelly Tebbs 0 Reputation points
2026-02-25T13:49:51.71+00:00

Hello, I think I am going to go a little crazy soon.... My authenticator isn't working and I can't login to my emails without it! I am going round in circles - email is asking for an authenticator code and authenticator is asking me for my email - which I can't login to.
I have tried deleting the app from my phone and restarting but that isn't working. I really need to get into my emails - the email that is printed on loads of my work projects!

PLEASE help before I go completely mad!
Thank you!


Moved from Outlook | Outlook for mobile | Outlook for iOS | For home

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Authenticator
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-02-25T13:50:03.31+00:00

    It sounds like you're experiencing a common issue with the Microsoft Authenticator app where it is not allowing you to log in to your email because it requires a code that you cannot access. Here are some steps you can take to resolve this:

    1. Use Alternative Sign-in Methods: If you have set up alternative methods for authentication, such as a backup email or phone number, try using those to log in to your account.
    2. Clear Cached Credentials: If you are using a web browser, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies. This can sometimes resolve issues with sign-in loops.
    3. Try a Different Browser: Open a private or incognito window in a different browser and attempt to log in to your email from there. This can help isolate the issue if it's related to your current browser settings.
    4. Reset the Authenticator App: If you have access to your account on another device or through a web browser, consider resetting your multi-factor authentication (MFA) settings. This may involve contacting your IT administrator if you are using a work account.
    5. Contact Support: If none of the above steps work, you may need to contact Microsoft support for assistance, especially if you are locked out of your account due to MFA issues.

    These steps should help you regain access to your email.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.